- Who are we?
- What is personal information and when is it collected?
- What do we use personal information for?
- What information do we collect?
WHO ARE WE?
SHAPE Health and Wellness Centre Inc. ("SHAPE"), includes personal training, chiropractic, physiotherapy, registered massage therapy, spa services and other health and wellness services. We use a number of consultants and agencies that may, in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information we hold.
Privacy of personal information is an important principle of SHAPE. We are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services we provide.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHEN IS IT COLLECTED?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes information that relates to their personal characteristics (eg. gender, age, income, home address, telephone number, family status), health (eg. health history, health conditions, health services received) or activities and views (eg. religious, political, opinion expressed by an individual, opinion or evaluation of an individual). We are also committed to protecting employee information (name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization) with the same care as other personal information.
When you first enter SHAPE, we collect personal information that includes your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and emergency contact information. Should you become a client of SHAPE, we collect personal information about you that may include medical information, information regarding your insurance coverage, and your credit card number so that we may provide you with any or all of our services. All information is collected with your consent.
WHAT DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Like all health and wellness centres, we collect, use, and disclose personal information in order to serve our clients. For our clients, the primary purposes for collecting personal information are as follows:
- To offer and provide our services to you
- To establish and maintain communication with you
- To determine and facilitate your payment for programs and services
- To notify you of programs, services, and upcoming promotions
- To verify the accuracy of your Personal Information and ensure that it is up to date
- To allow SHAPE to use the course and results of your treatment history for research and development purposes.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
SHAPE gathers only personal information that we deem necessary to administer our business, provide superior service, and communicate promotions and services that may be of interest to you.
- SHAPE does not rent or sell client personal information to outside markets or marketers.
- SHAPE will collect, use, and/or disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- SHAPE will keep personal information only as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes of our business.
- SHAPE safeguards your personal information (no matter in what form stored) against loss or theft, from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We will maintain practices and procedures designed to ensure and limit access to personal information to the purposes of the business.
The information on www.shapetoronto.com is for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice and is not intended to replace the advice or attention of health-care professionals. Please consult your physician or book a consultation with SHAPE before changing your diet or exercise program, for diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and/or injuries, for advice regarding medications, and prior to making use of any of the information within our website, articles or newsletters.